Saturday, May 23, 2009

The countdown!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

The countdown continues... 75 DAYS!

Josh does not like to count down.  He thinks it makes the days go by slower.  He says that if you just go through each day like a normal day and do normal things, then one day I'll just show up.  Or he'll just show up.  We'll just show up at the church in a wedding dress and tux and then the day will be here!  

I, on the other hand, count down the minutes until I see Josh next.  Sometimes I use a calculator.  I like to count down.  So, folks, 75 days.  I will do my best to sum up everything that we, engaged lovebirds, have been up to within the last three months!  

The DAY I returned to Tulsa after Josh proposed in Nashville, I found my dress :)  A little excited?  Maybe.  But it truly was a blessing, because it was IT!  So we checked that off the list!  Not long after, Josh began touring with Big Daddy Weave for the spring.  They toured until May, and it was so wonderful.  I saw my first Josh Wilson concert during this tour, when I met Josh in Texarkana for the day in April.  Let's just say... I fell for him- AGAIN.  I came home and told Mom how glad I was that I had not seen him play a show before then, otherwise I would have been weak at the knees from the get go, and willing to say yes no matter what kind of guy he was.  What girl doesn't fall for a cute guy who can play and sing?! Come on!  But thank the Lord our relationship developed and found its foundations on so much more than that.  God knew what He was doing placing Josh with the guys from Big Daddy Weave.  It was such an encouraging time for him.  All of the guys in that band have had successful, Godly marriages, and poured into Josh wisdom and advice for this road we are starting on.  

I finished my school semester in Tulsa, and continued to make plans with my Mama about this party that's happening in August.  Josh's precious parents, David and Laura, came to visit Tulsa one randomly snowy weekend to meet my parents, and we had a fabulous time.  (I shouldn't ever say random, it's Oklahoma) I went to visit Nashville for a week in March, where we had a few more premarital counseling sessions, registered, and took engagement pics.  We also went to the wedding of one of Josh's groomsmen, Mr. Dunn and his lovely lady, and practiced our dance moves.  Easter weekend arrived, and Josh came to T-town.  It was a relaxing weekend to be together.  Finally, I visited Josh as soon as school was out, and I stayed in our NEW HOUSE!  That is right!  We have a house!  It's a little rental house in the La Vergne/Smyrna area, and it's darling.     

Josh surprised me with my birthday present, as well-a bicycle for each of us!  We've named them Mike and Susanna.  We're all just one big happy family.  I got things together for school in the fall.  I am now an official Blue Raider at Middle Tennessee State.  We also finished our premarital counseling that week. Let's just say, Josh and I are now masters at marriage.  HA! :)  We are so thankful for Jamie & Suzanne, the couple that led us through that.  

So now we are apart again.  Josh is finishing his next album, producing Josh Rosenthal's next album, and doing shows throughout the summer.  I am home, working, enjoying the 11 weeks I have left with my dear family and friends in Tulsa.  He will be in town, playing at "Rockets Over Rhema" on June 28th.  Anyone that's in town, come on out!  

Thanks for reading this :)  We're so excited and thankful.  I'll do my best to write often!  Perhaps I'll fill you in on some wedding details, some bios of those that will be apart of the ceremony, and so on.  I hope you have a blessed day.  

"Let me live that I may praise You."  Psalm 119:175


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Becca, that story is so amazing! I am sooo happy for you, and wish you the very best in the future, of course when you allow God to guide you luck is something you never need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca-
    I just can't believe that you are getting married. When you said you had a house....I was sitting here stunned....you shouldn't be OLD ENOUGH to have your own house! So proud of you for the marriage counseling, bring your certificate to get your marriage license and you get a discount. Ask me sometime about your dad and our marriage counseling! (I won't post it online!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops...that was from Becki (Francy) not David....hahaha!

    ReplyDelete